Beginning of Season:
- All swimmers must have turned in a GDSA Swimmer registration and Emergency Medical Forms in order to practice and compete in meets.
- Families must sign up to volunteer at least one parent/adult worker for each meet. We will send out a link via email for volunteer sign-ups 2-3 days before each meet.
Day of Meet:
Morning of Meet:
- Check tentative event line-ups for swimmer’s events.
- Notify Coach immediately for conflicts associated with attending meet (delay’s, illness, etc.)
- Check Team bulletin board, team web site or www.GDSAswim.com for directions to host team.
- Check Volunteer Sign-up sheet for meet worker assignments. *Notify Sarah (937-470-0484) immediately if unable to work at meet.
Prior to Meet:
- Arrive at host pool by 5:45 PM.
- If arriving late, please call another parent to notify coaches.
- Locate Team area. Look for Marinole flag.
- Check-in with Head Coach, Assistant Coaches, and Bull Pen parent for events, lane assignments, and warm-up time. Jen will have a bag of sharpies for you to write your events on your arm.
- Volunteer meet workers check-in with Sarah to receive stop watches and check on meeting time for officials/timers.
- Swimmers warm-up with team.
- Keep to Team area to assist coaches locating swimmers for event changes.
- Swimmers to check in with Bull Pen parent to send swimmers to the blocks when event is posted or announced to “Report In” for heat placement with the Lane Coordinators. Land Coordinators will line up swimmers in heats.
*Note: It is parent’s responsibility to get their child to the Bull Pen parent.
- After swimming event, swimmers see coaches for stroke mechanic advice/critique.
- If leaving early, report out with coaches
- Help clean up Team area.
- If host team, help with pool clean up.
- If time permits, socialize with team families at a location TBA during the meet.
Swim Meet Items
- Swim suit/towel
- Goggles (extra pairs incase of breakage)
- Team cap or solid color swim cap
- Sweat shirt/pants for cool weather
- Chairs/blankets to sit on
- Insect repellant
- Books, cards, or easy pack toys/games to entertain swimmers between events. *Host Pool and Club Marinole are not financially responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Healthy snacks/drinks or money to purchase snacks at concession stand.